Tuesday 21 August 2018

Important Update

I wouldn’t usually post something that’s happened in my personal life on here. But since this will have an effect on the blog, and with series 22 airing in English in two weeks, I thought this was important enough to share here. Plus, since I don’t want to bog down the next review, it’s better to share this in a separate post.

Unfortunately, my laptop is dead. It has been the backbone of this blog, writing every single post since its inception in 2011. But one errant spilling of Fanta and... well, it’s true what they say: fluids and electronics really don’t mix. I’m honestly surprised it lasted as long as it did, especially with how slowly it was running in later years. But it’s still a disappointing loss, and I will be getting a replacement eventually.

What will this mean for the blog?
Well, I’m writing this on the iPad, so I should be able to keep up with episode reviews the day they air, like I’ve always done. In fact, they could be posted quicker than before. However, it will mean more posts consisting of walls of text like this.

That’s because laptops are pretty expensive for someone who (just about) has enough to get by as it is. And because iPads aren’t that great with Blogger, especially when it comes to pictures, it does mean that it’s unlikely they’ll be included for the foreseeable future. The heavily edited pictures I’ve uploaded in the past couple of years are off the table completely.

It might also mean that there won’t be a running tally of episode scores throughout a season. But I may have removed that section regardless of what happened to the laptop. They were mainly there for my benefit so I could keep track by the time overviews came around. But I can do that in a notepad or something.

TL;DR
The laptop is dead, future posts won’t have the visual polish that previous reviews had since I can’t afford a new one. But there will be posts in the future, starting with Number One Engine on September 3rd.

No comments:

Post a Comment